Would this setup work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuartH

Beta member
I was under the impression that you needed a case... Anyways, what size case are you going to be using? I myself am a newcomer to all this stuff, It just happens that I signed up about a week and a half before you did.

If you plan on upgrading your RAM (memory), go with this instead.

I won't comment on the mobo or processor, I have no clue there.

If you're gaming with this setup, you might want to look into a GeForce series 7 (7xxx), or if you're going with Vista, wait until the 8600GT comes out.

The Hard Drive... that's the one I like, so I'm going to say go with it ^.^

Everyone told me that I should go with 500W or more, so I can expand my system later.

nvidia + vista suck. i would stay with XP till nvidia puts there mind to it. I play css and i lost 60FPS with vista. Just dual boot into vista try it and you can always non dual boot and wait for better nvidia driver ( expected soon )

I just quickly browsed your hardware setup. 3 things poped into my head.

Are you aware that the mother board you selected comes built in with onboard video.

If your not a gamer you can use the onboard video without any problems. And save on the video card.

The Power supply you picked was good for the job at hand but I think you cant go wrong with a enermax for the same price. Ive noticed the antecs that i use seem to go bad after a couple of months and the rails are lower then that of enermaxs rails. 12V 5, etc. I really enjoy enermax.

Last I dont like ECS motherboards. It seems your trying to build a decent budget system. But my experiance is they always leave a lot of good BIOS tweaks and other features out. They are somewhat slow on Bios Updates and Slow on quality drivers. And I have experianced unstable boards and memory combinations more frequently with them compared to ASUS or MSI.

If you buy the ECS mobo do some research on it and try and do some research concerning the RAM and MOBO combo. The ram you picked is fine. Just make sure the ECS isnt super picky.

A PC is only as stable as the motherboard and PSU will let them be. A quality mobo and quality PSU are a must!!!!!!!!!! In my opinion.

hondablaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom