Intel Announces 80-core, 1-teraflop processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
would multiple cores run games slower then single core? seems like unless the game was designed to run over 2 cores, it would only be able to utilize a little more the 50% of the computer speed.

how do multiple cores do games?

hehe crysis still may not run on this system!

* Crysis will dynamically utilize all processing threads available. Meaning quad-core processors will be supported.

i lie.

cwiz said:
i posted this in other hardware topics 6 hours before u!

HA!

LOL, sorry, but I don't generally peruse the hardware forum! I'm glad that some people were appreciative of my post though, and I do look forward to seeing the impact of this technology in the comsumer market in the years to come, especially with computer games since I am a gamer myself, not just on the PC but also on the playstation and xbox platforms.

There's no such thing as "dual core support" or "quad core support" or "quadrillion core support". All of the tasks the cpu gets are divided over the different cores, regardless of how many cores you have. Your first core will always be used slightly more than the other(s), if I was to take a wild guess I'd say it's because that core is responsible for multi-threading.

jorsoft03 said:
Finally, the chip that will run Crysis on maxed settings.
But not Oblivion.

And what are you talking about it won't be made commercially for a long time? If Intel gets trapped like it did with AMD for oh-so-long, they'll finish up and roll those babies out in a matter of months.

Phrantic said:
There's no such thing as "dual core support" or "quad core support" or "quadrillion core support". All of the tasks the cpu gets are divided over the different cores, regardless of how many cores you have. Your first core will always be used slightly more than the other(s), if I was to take a wild guess I'd say it's because that core is responsible for multi-threading.

Ya when I run games or anything that stresses my computer even a little bit (hard to do, hehe) all cores take loads that are constantly changing. The first core does not take all of the workload unless I specifically tell the program to do so.

man this guy must take up a lot of power, imagine if i overclock it once i get my hands on it (evil laughing here) id wanna no how much this thing will cost me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom