Stressing. Finally ready to order. Input please! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airek

Beta member
Here we have it. After much stressing, research, and bothering others, this is what I've come up with for my build. Please let me know what you think. If you see anything... and I meant ANYTHING wrong with the items I've chose, please let me know. I've lost a lot of sleep staying up late reviewing items over and over. I'm ready to get this done.

Motherboard
ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe

Power Supply
OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply

RAM
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Monitor
SCEPTRE X20WC-Gamer Black 20.1" 5ms

Video Card
THIS SLOT RESERVED FOR GEFORCE 8800GTS 320MB

Case
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ Ok, there we have it. It's late here. I think that's everything. Couple of questions...

With all those fans on the case, is it going to be extremely loud? I'm not one to go for quietness, but I at least want to be able to hear my games. :D

Also, looking around I found Chiefvalue.com to have some pretty good prices, notable on the PSU and case. Anyone have any feedback on this website? Seems legit.

The thing I know the least about would have to be monitors. I tried to make sure it's 8bit and good refresh rate. Anyone know of a 22" monitor for not much more?

And final question, and by far the most important, how does it all look? Is it all compatable? Did I miss something obvious? Should it run good? :)

Appreciate it folks.

Airek

NOTE: I already have a CD/DVD burner.

Everything looks great apart from one thing id change(ill come to that in a minute) great case aswell, ive just bought the same one last week and it is really quiet, certainly nothing that would stop you hearing games etc, and the fans all have 3speed settings on each one which is nice, ive set mine all to low and that still knocks 8degrees off my cpu temp compared to my old case and my GPU is 10 yes thats 10 degrees cooler, its great.

Now the thing id change is the HDD, id rather go for a Seagate Barracuda ;)

That system looks good to me. I have that hard drive and it's just as good as a Seagate Barracuda.

Alot of people here though, will tell you to go for the Gigabyte 965P-DS3 instead, because it's known for it's overclockability.

jonny_uk said:
Everything looks great apart from one thing id change(ill come to that in a minute) great case aswell, ive just bought the same one last week and it is really quiet, certainly nothing that would stop you hearing games etc, and the fans all have 3speed settings on each one which is nice, ive set mine all to low and that still knocks 8degrees off my cpu temp compared to my old case and my GPU is 10 yes thats 10 degrees cooler, its great.

Now the thing id change is the HDD, id rather go for a Seagate Barracuda ;)

Very nice system, however I agree with this poster and would suggest getting a Seagate Barracuda, simply because I have one and think its the best I have ever owned.

Ok getting close to time (still looking for an 8800GTS 320.. can't seem to find yet?) After some last minute changes I've went with this monitor.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=162989
22" Acer | 16.7 million colors | 5ms

Also, I ended up with this, as per your suggestions. =)
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16822148140
Seagate Barricuda 320GB

Now, I'm thinking about actually going with the E6400 opposed to the E6600. I've noticed nearly a $100 different in price, which is quite a bit considering I went with the 22" monitor. I'm leaning more towards overclocking now. That being said, could I wing the E6400 and still get stellar performance?

Those Seagate Barracuda's are a good deal, but supposedly a little louder than the WD Caviars. Depends if you're super noise-sensitive. The e6600 has a higher cache, which can lead to a slightly faster system.

What do you mean overclocked E6400?? Do you mean your buying it already overclocked or something? Or if you mean you want to take your E6400 and OC it on a P5N mobo it wont work very good, those mobos are known to overclock poorly.

your build looks great, but about the motherboard, you may also wanna consider gigabyte. they are both great motherboards, but telling u from the reviews i've read, the gigabyte seems to be more stable and overclockable, and also mostly preferred by people in this forum. but with the asus u get sli so thats the good part if u are considering SLI

one more thing, about the monitor, if u have some more money, try to get the sceptre 22" inch one. that thing is godlike and my roommate owns one, and it is huge. and is ready to hookup to the ps3 also

well, goodluck and enjoy ur new build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom