Baseband Member
Hi Guys,
I have decided to buy a comp and here is the config:

Processor – Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Dual Core Processor

Graphic Card – nVIDIA GeForce 8600 Ultra when it comes out

Motherboard – eVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR ATX nVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Intel Motherboard

Random Access Memory (RAM) – Samsung 1GB DDR2 667MHz 1GB RAM 2x

Hard Disk Drive (HDD) – 200GB SATA Seagate HDD

Sound Card – Included in the motherboard.

Local Area Network (LAN) Card – Any LAN Card

Mouse and Keyboard – Logitech G1 Gaming Keyboard with Optical Mouse

Speakers – Creative Inspire P5800

Monitor – Samsung SyncMaster 740N 17 inch LCD

Web Cam – Logitech WebCam Easy

Microphone – Logitech Microphone

DVD/CD Drive – DVD Writer LiteON LH-20A1P

I need u 2 tell me if I would have any compaitability issues with such a config. Thx in advance :D

It's almost identical to my new computer except I have an 8800GTX and a 250GB HD. What PSU/Case are you getting, and do you have to have that keyboard/mouse combo, and do you have to have speakers?
I'd look into headsets if you're into gaming, and look at wolf king keyboards on newegg, they have a keypad built into the keyboard so your hand never has to leave and you can still type to your team mates easily.

don't buy the 680i if you plan on extreme overclocking. you will get better results with a p5b or ds3.
the 680i does not like the high fsb needed to super-clock the lower end c2ds.
i need to get nitestick to do a sticky about this...
i dont know about samsung ram. if you are going to try and overclock ddr2 800 would be better.
maybe look into the price difference of using gskill, crucial, corsair, ocz, or patriot instead. it may not be much, and it would probably be worth it.
you wont need a lan card. most mobos come with an integrated nic.

Guys,
I have changed the monitor in my final config. So here is my final config:

Graphic Card – nVIDIA GeForce 8600 Ultra

Motherboard – eVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR ATX nVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Intel Motherboard

Random Access Memory (RAM) – Samsung 1GB DDR2 667MHz 1GB RAM 2x

Local Area Network (LAN) Card – LAN Card

Monitor – Acer 19" TFT LCD Monitor in Black, AL1916AB

@ cementshoes
Yea, I like that mouse and keyboard. Yea, and also I need those speakers coz I wont be using this comp only for gaming. I will be using it for songs, movies etc.
I have a comp and I don't think buying a PSU above 20$ is needed coz my present PC works perfectly fine even with a very cheap PSU....
I haven't included the case because most probably Ill choose the case when I buy my PC itself.
And yea, please gimme a suggestion on headphones within the range 50-100$. Also tell me if the monitor Ive mentioned is good for gaming.

@ nagasama
I feel very ashamed to say that I don't know how to overclock :( and neway I don't plan on EXTREME overclocking.
I was thinkin of buying the pb5 but it doesn't support my graphic card and it doesn't even support my processor.

Now I have some doubts which I need to clarify:
1. Will I have any compaitability issues with the above config? I mean does the motherboard not support some part or the processor doesn't support the motherboard etc. etc.
2. Is it a good choice to use Vista for gaming?
3. Will Windows Vista work on this PC?
4. Although the graphic card that Ive mentioned supports DX10, I just want to clarify if DX10 games will work on this PC.

TY in advance :D

rokza said:
@ nagasama
I feel very ashamed to say that I don't know how to overclock :( and neway I don't plan on EXTREME overclocking.
I was thinkin of buying the pb5 but it doesn't support my graphic card and it doesn't even support my processor.

What are you talking about? The Asus P5B (all versions of it: P5B, P5B-VM, P5B-E, P5B Deluxe, P5B Deluxe/WiFi) supports all Core 2 Duo / Extreme / Quad processors, and should have no problem running an 8600. It's also an excellent motherboard. Personally I wouldn't spend $250 on a motherboard when there are just as good choices $100 below that price. Even the barely-over-$100 Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 is an excellent choice.

Now I have some doubts which I need to clarify:
1. Will I have any compaitability issues with the above config? I mean does the motherboard not support some part or the processor doesn't support the motherboard etc. etc.
2. Is it a good choice to use Vista for gaming?
3. Will Windows Vista work on this PC?
4. Although the graphic card that Ive mentioned supports DX10, I just want to clarify if DX10 games will work on this PC.

1) Everything is compatible.

2) Definitely not at the moment. Stick with XP for gaming for a couple months. Vista is way too young at the moment.

3) It will run Vista with no problems.

4) Well, DX10 support depends on two things: video card hardware support, and OS driver support. With a GeForce 8, you got hardware covered. The software part will be up to Vista. However I think it's gonna be a while before DX10 games are released.

trust me dude it is easy to overclock.
you will want to, and you will learn how. especially with that cpu.
it is a bad idea to buy a 680i mobo if you do not have one of the upper end c2d cpus.

Agreed. Either get a DS3 or a PB5 Deluxe, unless you're going to up the cpu to an e6600.

Ok, I have changed my motherboard and monitor. SO here's my final config:

Graphic Card – nVIDIA GeForce 8600 Ultra

Motherboard – ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP

Random Access Memory (RAM) – Samsung 1GB DDR2 SDRAM PC2-5300 @ 667 MHz 2x

Local Area Network (LAN) Card – LAN Card

Monitor – Acer 19" TFT LCD Monitor in Black, AL1916AB

I have some doubts which were similar to my earlier doubts:
1. Will I have any compaitibility issue with such a config. I mean, the motherboard is not compaitable with the processor, the processor is not compaitable with the RAM etc. etc.
2. Will this computer support Windows Vista?
3. Does this mobo support my graphic card?
4. Does this mobo (Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP) support DX10?
5. Is any specific RAM needed for this mobo (Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP) or can I buy any DDR2 RAM that I wish to buy?
6. Does this mobo (Asus P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP) support the GeForce 8800? Asking, coz if it does than it probably will support 8600 too :)

TY in advance! :D

1. i dont think so. i dont know about samsung ram, tho. you may want to get ddr2 800, it will allow higher overclocks.
people seem to get best results with ocz or crucial.
2. yes
3.yes
4.yes
5. see above
6. yes
good luck!

Where can I get a good overclocking guide (from the basics)? Do u suggest any paticular guide? btw, sm1 please suggest me a cheap power supply unit and a good case for my PC between the range 0-50$ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom