Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg doesnt ship to Canada as far as i know. Plus why is everyone always looking for the cheapest? All that will do is cause headaches in the long run cause you got some no name RAM that was super cheap. Then you will complain cause it doesnt run right on your system.

Go to Crucial.com and get the best results for your system. From there you can shop around to sites that you know of that ship to you. Dont always look for the cheapest as it will only be trouble.

I don't understand what the difference is with cheap ram and expensive ram but it won't make a difference for me since every stick you add takes the speed of the stick with the lowest speed in the system anyway

dont get the cheapest. its crap, but dont get the most expensive cause you dont need it. go to www.tigerdirect.ca its the canada branch for tiger direct, they are great. look around at the ram from big name companies like crucial, kingston, pny, corsair and others and get a good average price. the middle of the line ram will always hit the sweet spot between price and performance.

mikee said:
I don't understand what the difference is with cheap ram and expensive ram but it won't make a difference for me since every stick you add takes the speed of the stick with the lowest speed in the system anyway
Because Cheap RAM 9 times out of 10 is just that. Cheap. The timing and everythign matters and they have their timing set to the lowest possible which will hamper your system.

Plus Cheap RAM isnt always made the best. They use parts that are rejected from other companies so that they can put out RAM cheaper.

In the long run you want the Middle RAM. Something that isnt the cheapest but you dont have to get the most expensive either. In the middle is fine since they use good parts and they ahve the timing all right.

I came upon a very interesting post on the vista knowledgebase blog where the author was describing a very unusual behavior that he experienced with Windows Vista. She apparently was running a legit, fully activated copy of Windows Vista and decided to install the upcoming mmorpg game 9 Dragons which is currently in Open Beta phase.

After installing the game and playing for a while a message from Windows Vista popped up minimzing the game in the course of action. The message that appeared told her that her copy of Windows Vista was not genuine. She tried to reactivate the operating system but it would fail although she would supply the correct key that was accepted before.

After uninstalling the 9 Dragons game the activation was again accepted and Windows Vista was activated again.

If this story really holds true it is a remarkable one. Why on earth would Windows Vista revoke the activation - this would be the main questions that would have to be answered.

This pretty looks like a way for Microsoft to revoke the activation on systems that run known pirated keys or install software that would probably try to interfere with Windows Vista core processes.

http://www.vistaknowledgebase.com/windows-vista/windows-vista-activation-goes-too-far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom