Overclocking a 2.8GHZ Celeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
Whenever I go to buy a processor for my computer I'm always cheap and get the slower one. But I want the speed, or close to it, of a 3.2GHZ P4 without the cost of it. Does anybody know how fast I can overclock a Celeron to? Do I need an expensive cooling system for it, or does a stock heatsink and fan and some thermal grease that came with the cpu do the job for cooling if I overclock it? If you've had an experience with ocing a celeron please share it. I'm fairly new at building computers, and I don't know if I should oc because it could ruin my cpu.

you can but celerons WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER come close to a speed a fsb 800 p4 no matter the speed... everything else on ur computer seems to be higher end than your processor why didnt you just buy a faster Processor ?

seems like he's positive about that, anyways, the core of the HT chips are totally different so in essence, no you can't overclock the fsb to those speeds, but if you only want a 400mhz increase i'm sure it's possible, but i think only if the chip is unlocked

As I said I'm really cheap and also I'm on a budget so if you can give me any tips on getting 400 more mhz out of it, I would appreciate it. Thanks for the input everyone!

Celerons are not commonly overclocked but if you go into the bios you can probably get it up to 3.2>3.4 Ghz. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom