Psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will guarantee you that it will consume less power than SLI 8800GTX's. 500 watts is plenty enough for just about everyone these days. Only the people that go SLI or Crossfire have to worry about more. As SLI is not worth the money at all, and Is usually not recommended he wont have to get a new one. Also you should know that a 450w FPS is better than the majority of 550w PSU's becuase of its efficiency and the Amps on the rails.

700w PSU's these days are raw overkill for just about anyone, and will continue to be for a while longer. I run my system on a 400w Rosewill PSU that I had to budget. I had to take a chance as rosewill are hit and miss but I bet you a 350w FPS could run my system with no problems either. Bottom line is ever since companies like OCZ add "gaming" in their 600w versions and everyone makes giant 1 TW PSU's people think you need them too.

Well, I do play some FPS games and I may get into more gaming in the future so I may go SLI. When the power supply says that it is NVIDIA SLI supported, does that mean that I can only use NVidia Cards??

SLI is almost never worth it. Your better off just going with a single card and upgrading. Not only is it not worth the price but its a waste of power and only gives off more heat. I only recommend SLI to people who are looking for the most bleeding edge tech aka. SLI 8800GTX's.

I was just giving an example. How about the 9800gtx's, or whatever they will be called.

Hey buddy, the Mushkin, if anything, is just as efficient in amp distrobution than the FSP(Mushkin is actually better.) is. 80 amps on 12v volt rails, yet under 25 for both the 3.3 and 5 (I think it's like 24 and 20.) You realize that after the efficiency is factored in, they have 692 watts just from the 12v rail..

I haven't seen that abit be suggested much, but overlooking it, it looks like it has a lot of nice features. I would DEFINATELY get a new video card. Try this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150209

Also, for 200 dollars you can get 2gb of RAM, which would do you much better, even though that RAM has good timings, it's not economical. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231098 is better.

Okay, thank you very much. I might keep looking at different motherboards. I hear ASUS is a good brand, what is the best brand (if there is one) for motherboards?

Yeah, ASUS is a good brand. I find brands like Gigabyte and BIOSTAR to be good brands too. I say you get the p5b deluxe for your price range.. but that board you suggested doesn't look that bad at all. It's usually not so much of the brand as it is the product, though.

Why is the P5B Delux cheaper than the AW9D?
That mobo seems to center itself on the wifi feature but right now I don't use wifi, I have hard wired internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom