DX10/Centrino Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrus

Baseband Member
Build

I'm gonna be ordering parts for my new build around early May.. Do you think the lower end DX10 cards and Centrino Pro will be available at reasonable prices by then?

Lower end DX10 cards should be out very soon now, as far the other things stated I have never heard of it.

Eh the Centrino Pro is the new Intel chip coming out.. I've been looking at laptops mostly so that's a laptop chip, I got mixed up in the head. There's probably a desktop version of it too, I just don't know what they call it.

I've always heard that Fortron and Hiper make good PSU. You might want to change the title (if you can?) or make a different thread since your title makes things a lil confusing...

There should be a wider selection of DX10 cards by then I believe. About Centrino Pro, I don't know; it hasn't even been released yet.

By the way, Centrino is not a processor. It's a "platform", ie: a collection of parts that when bound together are called that way. For a mobile system to be labeled as "Centrino", it needs to have a specific Intel CPU, Intel chipset and Intel wireless network interface.

"Centrino Pro" is the market name for the new Intel Santa Rosa platform, which is based on the second-generation (800Mhz FSB) Core 2 Duo Merom processors. Perhaps that's what you meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom