Ahh Omg!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarrenX

In Runtime
I couldnt decide what forum to post so ill just post here i guess:)...
anyway, heres my question:
so yah u can see my system specs at the bottom of this post, with those i should be able to run games like rise of legends at max with about 30fps (right?) well, im getting some chop when i play at medium AL, and for some reason recently ive been having a series of problems with overheating, and ive had my computer for a year and half, never experienced any of these probs until now, im confident its not a virus, i think it has sometin to do with drivers.. hmmm, hopefully not anything expensive, can any of u guys help me out in diagnosing the prob, oh yah, btw my pcpitstop, and dxdiag results come back "all good", whats going on?

I took steps to ensure it wasnt overheating, but.. yah?
-thanks to all u guys ur the best
peace

WarrenX said:
... and for some reason recently ive been having a series of problems with overheating, and ive had my computer for a year and half, never experienced any of these probs until now, im confident its not a virus, i think it has sometin to do with drivers..

I think you answered your own question on why you are not getting smooth gameplay. What is the reason that you suspect it is a driver issue? old drivers? If so, update them and see if trouble continues.

Also, first you said that the computer had overheating issues, but THEN you go on to say that you have taken steps to ensure it ISN'T overheating.... can you elaborate more on this??

How did you determine it was overheating? Using software? Temps listed in BIOS? just hot to the touch?

THEN, what steps did you take to ensure there ISN'T overheating?

If the computer is a few years old, I would suggest getting a can of compressed air to blow out any dust that may have collected in the case. Have you cleaned the CPU & heatsink and re-applied new thermal paste?

E. Dragon, yah dude, i actually did blow everything out with a can of air and got a internal fan to blow directly on PCI-Ex, im set there, but what i mean is, my overheating issues have gone away (for now) my idles dropped from 60C to 47C, so thats good, yah but what i meant is that i have been trying these NGo drivers, and some show better preformance, but I guess a few can be related to higher temp... im not sure, but I i guess what im trying to get at would be: does the chopping i experience in rise of legends indicate heat damage would that be considered just low fps, or is chopping in point of fact considered an artifact?
-thanks for any replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom