Annoying computer freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this computer had 512MB, it still had freezing problem.
But now when this has 256 ill take 256mb ram from my old computer that has 512mb

When i opened my computer cover, i saw a box above the fans, in the box cover, the main text there was: CODEGEN 350W
So i think my power supply has 350W power
But my computer never shuts down itself, it freezes. And when it freezes i need to reboot it myself.

About the fans, they all worked correctly

Thanks.

How many fans do you have installed in total? Like I said, 256MB is not enough memory to support all those tasks, especially games. What else, besides games and internet were you doing on your PC when it froze? Also, remember that you have a AMD Processor with a speed of 1403MHz only...Try to make the PC freeze and restart; then go to Start>Run> type "eventvwr" and press Enter. Click on "Application" and look for Errors that have the time the PC froze and double click on it. It will show you more information about it. Post it in here. I'm not sure about how much power the video card needs because it's not specified at the ATI website, but consider that plus not enough memory and I think that's the cause of the problem. You're gonna have to try adding more RAM and see if that solves the issue; you need more RAM anyways. Also, did you ckeck if your Processor can handle your Video Card? When you play games, how's the resolution and performance?

I looked inside my computer and i saw 3 fans there, all working.

When you asked: "What else, besides games and internet were you doing on your PC when it froze?"
Sometimes my PC freezes even if i have just rebooted it.

I'll give you more information of that "eventvwr" thing later.

When i play games, even with full graphics they work fine, my resolution with them is 1280x1024

Tell me where i can check how my processor can handle my video card

Thanks again :)

Okay, those three fans...Describe where they are,please. Don't include CPU or Video Card. Does the case have one in the front and one in the back next to the one that belongs to the Power Supply? That makes 3...I'm trying to see if you have an overheating problem...With all those hard drives and video card, you should have more, you know what I mean?
You said that it freezes after rebooting,too? At what point? Before Windows starts, after that...when?
About the CPU, you're gonna have to email ATI or search on the web the minimum requirements for that Video Card (RAM we already know, but we don't know Processor, Power, and any incompatibilities that you need to pay attention to)
By the way, do you hear any beeps when you start the PC? Like long-short patterns? If so, how many?

One fan is behind my computer, on is middle in there and one is at bottom

About that freezing, it MAY freeze after rebooting just when i try to select my profile, becouse i have XP, but i said that it can freeze ANYTIME

Sometimes when my computer freezes, i hear a little click- sound from my computer

hi, I have the same freezing problem. I thought it was my hard drive so I tried another one and it still froze. I then tried different RAM and it still done it. I put in my old graphics card and it stopped!!! I had a Geforce 6200 AGP 256mb card and when I took this out and put back in my Riva TNT2 card, it worked fine.

My geforce card worked for about 2 months then I had the first freeze. I restarted it thinking nothing of it and after about 5 mins it done it again. Everytime I restarted it got worse, sometimes I could use the pc for a bit before it done it. I cant be 100% certain but I swear my Geforce graphics card worked fine before I installed XP SERVICE PACK 2! Im currently trying to find out more info and will post in the near future, PNY were totally un-helpful!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom