Files won't delete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can also try this Program
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Another way you can try is to run cmd through the start menu, navigate to the folder it is in, use task manager to end explorer.exe then in cmd use the delete (Filename). And see if that works.
Either way, to start explorer.exe again use run new task in taskmanager and type explorer.exe

Again, if nothing works keep reading up on linux live. The only way you can delete a file in such a situation is to browse the HD with a Bootable OS such a linux and erase the file through linux when windows is not in use..

Ste said:
Can also try this Program
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Another way you can try is to run cmd through the start menu, navigate to the folder it is in, use task manager to end explorer.exe then in cmd use the delete (Filename). And see if that works.
Either way, to start explorer.exe again use run new task in taskmanager and type explorer.exe

Again, if nothing works keep reading up on linux live. The only way you can delete a file in such a situation is to browse the HD with a Bootable OS such a linux and erase the file through linux when windows is not in use..
That "Unlocker" won't even come up as an option when I right click on those 2 files. It works on all others but not those 2. I will keep reading on linux. Thats gonna take me some time to learn and figure out. Thanks for that program though.

Ste said:
Tried the other way i posted?
Are you saying to type in "CMD" in the run command and navigate to the file? If so I cant navigate or I just don't know how. Not like dos?

Start>run>Cmd

Yes its like dos you need to end explorer.exe through taskmanager after cmd comes up then use the delete (Filename) command.

Ste said:
Start>run>Cmd

Yes its like dos you need to end explorer.exe through taskmanager after cmd comes up then use the delete (Filename) command.
Everything I type says not recognizable as an intrnal or external command, operable program or batch file. And I shut explorer down through task manager.

chevyx92 said:
Everything I type says not recognizable as an intrnal or external command, operable program or batch file. And I shut explorer down through task manager.
I guess you don't know how to use it.
cd.. - Goes to previous directory
cd (Directory Name) - Changes folder your in
dir - Shows all files and folders in current directory
delete (Filename) - Deletes a file or folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom