bootable raid

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
ive rebuilt my computer with a new motherboard (msi k9n diamond), cpu (am2 3800 x2) and ram (ocz ddr800)

Im planning on installing vista business (get a free copy from uni) to give it a go, but havent got that far yet.

Ill be putting it on my two 36gig raptors. now ive used MSI boards before and i know how to setup raid etc. But for some reason this one will not let me set the raid array to bootable. It just says "N/A" under the boot collumn

I dont know what im doing wrong, ive looked through the bios and i cant find anything.

Help? :(

you turned on the raid controller on the mobo i assume?

you have the sata controllers set to enhanced IDE?

have you tried installing an OS on it to see?

yea the raid controller is turned on, not sure what you mean about enchanced IDE? never seen anything about that before? Ive been trying to install XP on it for the last 2 hours and it hasnt liked it one bit.

well im still getting nowhere, the array is built properly, (still cant be set to bootable though) ive tried the drivers from the msi site and from nvidia direct. Im lost i dont know what to try next :(

sorry started playing WOW this weekend...bad idea lol. ok anyway, walk me through how you set up your raid so i can get an idea of what you did and see if you missed a step.

ive found out that i need to update my bios, there was a fault so going to try that and see where it gets me. Im just going to put windows on 1 drive now, then flashing through windows and msi live update, because i more sure of myself doing it that way then through boot disks etc.

now, another problem. Ive gave up trying to install windows as all my drives are sata and its just not seeing any. So decided to flash the bios through dos.

Problem is ive downloaded the bios files from msi and they wont copy to a floppy disk, just keeps saying "no ID address mark was found on the floppy disk" ive tried afew disks and always the same. the drive is fine because its made the dos startup disk and put the sata drivers on another. What am i doing wrong :(
EDIT ignore that, its gone on now after doing a full format of the floppy disk.

i know ive done most of the posting on this thread lol, anyhow its fixed now with the bios update. Got vista business on it now. Just a matter of getting used to it now. But first few minutes play are promising.

lol, gj on getting the raid to work. i should have suggested updating the bios but i just assumed it was the lastest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom