Ati or BFG Geforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepsiboy700 said:
The Arctic Cooling Silencer isnt better than a vf-900. I owned both and the vf-900 was 10 degrees celcius overall better than the AC Silencer (which was 5 celcius lower to begin with over stock cooling).

There are several models of Arctic Cooling Silencers, I was referring to the Silencer 5 (Rev. 2) which I have on my bros x850pro.

My stock x1900xt cooler kept my card cooler while gaming than my VF-900 dose. (both at 100%) the only reason I am using the VF-900 is because it's much quieter than the stock cooler and Arctic cooling doesn't make a Silencer 5 for the x1900xt.

Pepsiboy700 said:
Also its common sense which is better when looking at the designs. Only buy the AC Silencer if you want the air pushed out of your case instead of being recirculated.

The VF-900 dose well at cooling while your surfing the web, But it doesn't cool very well while gaming or at max temps.

That AC Silencer was the same one I had on my x800 gto.

You must of not put the cooler on properly because after a quick google search heres what I found ( http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33851719 ).

The vf-900 keeps my card bellow 55 celcius under normal cooling conditions, whether it was my 7950gt at 7900gtx specs or my 7900gs with 1.7v at 800/1700.

You should have gotten a ARCTIC COOLING Accelero instead of a vf-900 for your card to begin with. I might get one if I can find a review with a 7900 gtx and a ARCTIC COOLING Accelero in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom