Annoying computer freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xurma

Solid State Member
Hello, i had my friends old computer, and it has 1 problem, sometimes, it just suprisely freezes, and the screen looks like a picture

My friend said that problem has been there all the time since he got that computer, and sometimes it freezes very often, and sometimes it doesnt freeze for over month. He thinks that it may be problem with hard disk, becouse i have 4 hard disks in this computer, and some of hard disks doesnt have much work to do, and then it shuts off. Some other thinks that it may be videocard. And some other thinks that some of my computers device dont fit with others...

My friend said that if i download more trash to this computer and different things like teamspeak, msn and xfire, it freezes more rarely. If you have any information about this kind of problem, please help

Freeze comes more often if i play games, i can surf internet in all peace. Sometimes just surprisely my screen looks like a picture and sounds go off, thats how i get my freeze. I asked more people about this problem and they think i should buy new graphic card

Hi! List your friends computer specifications,please. It could be overheating or Power Supply not providing enough power or failing. Did he have those 4 hard drives and the video card since the beginning? Does it happen when he plays games or use intense applications? Post back,ok?

I dont remember where i could see specifications, please tell me how to see them

It can freeze always and anywhere, but it freezes more often when he plays games

I took picture of msinfo32.exe first screen:

msinfo32ts0.jpg

Hi. What kind of games are you playing? Did somebody build that PC or you bought it from a retail store? Why do you have 4 hard drives? How big are they? Did you realize you have only 256MB of RAM? That's not enough RAM to support games, applications and the work load of 4 hard drives. Also, go to Device MAnager (right click on My Computer>Properties>click on Hardware tab and then press "Device Manager" button) and check each device on your PC to see if there's any conflict and if they're working properly (double click on any device will bring up their Properties dialog box) Post back with more info,ok? Good Luck!

COCOCOOKIE said:
Hi. What kind of games are you playing? Did somebody build that PC or you bought it from a retail store? Why do you have 4 hard drives? How big are they? Did you realize you have only 256MB of RAM? That's not enough RAM to support games, applications and the work load of 4 hard drives. Also, go to Device MAnager (right click on My Computer>Properties>click on Hardware tab and then press "Device Manager" button) and check each device on your PC to see if there's any conflict and if they're working properly (double click on any device will bring up their Properties dialog box) Post back with more info,ok? Good Luck!

Games: MMORPGs, fps etc.
Pc was built few years ago
i got this computer from my friend and i dont know why it has 4 hard drives, but 2 hard drives there has 40 gb room, other 2 have only 20gb
this computer had before 512mb ram, and still it had this freezing problem

E: when i was viewing device manager,, in "System devices" part there were few things that said "No drivers are installed for this device"

When i opened "Programmable interrupt controller" there reader No drivers are installed for this device, and it sounds suspicious

Hi,there. I don't know those games. Besides, you have to read their memory requirements before installing any of them. What kind of Video card you have? Let me ask you this: Did you mean that you had 512MB BEFORE and NOW you only have 256MB? Why? Still, 512MB is just enough memory to do "certain" work on you PC. You need to specify what devices are those who have their device drivers not installed. I don't think they're devices you have installed or you're using, otherwise Windows would've installed "basic" drivers for them. Did you check your important devices for problems or conflicts, like hard drives, memory, DVD/CD drives, Network card, Sound, etc.? Those are the ones likely to cause conflict. I forgot to ask you before: How much power does your Power Supply have? Post back,please.

My videocard is RADEON 9600 PRO family (Microsoft Corporation)

256mb is becouse i got this computer as a gift from my friend, and this had 512mb before, but now it has 256mb becouse he took 256 mb away from this computer for his own needs.

Here is the list of devices that have no no drivers installed:

Device Manager > System devices >

Direct memory access controller
Motherboard resources
Numeric data processor
Programmable interrupt controller
System board
System speaker
System timer

I checked all possible problems for hard drive, memory, DVD/CD drives and other you asked me to do - no problems.

And tell me where i can see my power supply.

Thanks.

Hello. Those "System Devices" that don't have drivers installed are normal; it has nothing to do with your problem nor does affect your PC. About the memory, nice friend you have...! Any modern computer ships at least with a minimum of 512MB. You have Windows XP Professional, plus a Video Card that needs 128MB of RAM, then you're left with 128Mb to support Windows and the rest of your applications, including Internet. Anyway, you can check your Power Supply specifications in the back of the case, at the Power Supply level. I f it's not there, you're gonna have to open the case and look for any labels on the Power Supply (the box with a fan where the power cord that goes to the outlet comes from, in case you don't know) that tells you how many Watts. I think you have two causes for your issue: RAM and then Power Supply, to start with. Although, if you don't have enough power the computer should reboot itself or shut down...Has this ever happened?? Also, it could be overheating due to the amount of hard drives, video card, etc.. Did you make sure all the internal and external fans are working? But again, if it's overheating, the PC should reboot by itself or shut down...Post back with more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom