Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have any pagefile space? by adjusting your virtual ram you might be able to shave some of that off. also something tells me Vista's ram usage is dynamic, and the more you have the more it will use, over what it needs. i have a gig and it uses about 600megs, since you have 3 gigs it may think that using more ram is fine.

ok, thanks, i'll adjust my pagefile space then. If vista is dynamic, that would explain everything, becuase i cant get over 1gb in paging files on XP without running at least 2 games at once, and getting over a gig just by running firefox was surprising to me

now this is more like it. I've got an 50 percent increase on it over my amd 3500, 2 gig ram, 1 terabyte hdd machine. I got over a 200-250% increase in speed over that piece of ship machine that I bought yesterday.

on performance test 6 I got a 526.9, on my old amd machine I got a 359 and a 473 with windows 64 bit edition

does anyone know when nvidia is releasing there non buggy vista drivers because gaming is really annoying for me right now. In nfs most wanted it will install and load faster than in xp and play normal for a about a minute then the frame rate drops to a point where it isn't very playable.

zmatt said:
nice, i bet it had to do with the crummy motherboard and the xheap ram.

Exactly

mikee said:
does anyone know when nvidia is releasing there non buggy vista drivers because gaming is really annoying for me right now. In nfs most wanted it will install and load faster than in xp and play normal for a about a minute then the frame rate drops to a point where it isn't very playable.

no you know just like the rest of us, that it will be a year or two before they fix vista for gaming. it's the blood sucking cycle that they always put us though just so they can make more money

So I'll just wait till sp1 whenever that will be. Well atleast I can run nfs at 640x480 on medium so that will tie me over until they fix it.

As i have already said the drivers are not your problem. I have run almost every game i can think of including F.E.A.R. which has a lot higher requirements than NFS and it runs fine on my system. You RAM is what is limiting you. You have so much loaded into memory that your system gets bogged down and slows down.

Even if nVidia had flawless driver out right now you woudl still notice lag for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom