Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i guess it didn't live up to your expectations? the specs look good on it. but they always cripple these things with a bunch of useless software they put on them. and i don't think Vista premium is a good choice for any machine with integrated graphics.

my friend has a new HP machine with integrated geforce6100LE graphics and aero runs fine on that

i have a question: why is it that in vista i get over a gig of RAM used up (i have 3gb). It seems abnormally high, becuase in the RC stages i used vista with only 1gb of RAM and it only used 600mb or RAM.

I have noticed that vista does take some of your system ram and uses it for graphics also, but is this ram dedicated just to graphics or is it still accessable by other parts of the system?

zmatt said:
so i guess it didn't live up to your expectations? the specs look good on it. but they always cripple these things with a bunch of useless software they put on them. and i don't think Vista premium is a good choice for any machine with integrated graphics.

I had added a 256mb card to it. it was the only thing that I kept.

I disabled and uninstall most of the useless software and it was still slow as ****. then the media center part didn't want to work right

I building the same spec computer right now.will post with the results

i am using vista ultimate x64, and right now i am using 900mb of RAM after restart. Shoudl i reinstall it or something? there is no lag anywhere though

no that is probably normal on restart I use about 700mb but it goes down after a few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom