Variations of Quality in CPU Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

evenflow

Beta member
I'd just like to know whether anyone has noticed any variation in quality between the different brands that make memory.

I'm a mid level gamer (battlefield etc), not too overly concerned with getting uber performance.

Atm i'm torn between...

Corsair Value Select
Corsair XMS
Geil
KingMax

Basicly, i'm just after memory that is good quality and doesnt have any errors within it. Value select is the cheapest, but it sounds like there might be a decrease in quality compared to the slightly more expensive XMS series. And Geil and KingMax i've never heard of.

Note: I live in Australia, so maybe some of you wont know these brads....but hopefully you will =)

Thanks!

Corsair would be the brand to go for, out of that list. Even their value select is of good quality.

Here i can get 1Gb of Corsair Value Select for AUS$140 and 1Gb of Corsair XMS for AUS$210. (these are reasonable prices by the way)

I'd be willing to pay for the more expensive one, but i'm not after super performance, rather just a RAM that is not fraught with errors like the last generic RAM that i bought.

Motherboard specs....i dont really know what to tell ya but here it goes anyways:

Asus A7N8X-X
Running at 333Mhz
3x 184-pin DDR DIMM Sockets

I was planning on taking the dodgy memory out and putting in two sticks of a decent RAM into the 1 and 3 slots.

But again the thing thats troubling me is that the Corsair Value Select range is getting very close the the price of the generic brands.....so i dont really know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom