2800+ Barton Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceware

In Runtime
Hi

I recently bought an AMD Athlon XP Barton 2800+ CPU and was wondering how much I could overclock it using my FSB. My mainboard is a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 and the FSB goes up to 600MHz and my chipset is a NVIDIA nForce 2 Ultra 400. The board allows me to change the FSB and VCore settings by 10%. Also would a Volcano 7 be a better heatsink than the stock standard one that came with my processor?

I also have another computer with a 2500+ barton in it with the same mainboard as mentioned above. It also has a Volcano 12 heatsink. So would the 2500+ be better for overclocking than the 2800+?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.
:)

AndrewtheGreat said:
the stock heatsink is probably junk. The volcano 12 is better.

i dont know the stock barton heatsink looks pretty nice to me. others will agree its better then the old oem stuff

well, not every XP2500++ can O/C, depends on whether your CPU got locked or not.

naa, 2500's just up the fsb to 200, and you're all set.. you'll have to up your vcore also, but the v12+'s are great, i have one and it keep my chip nice and frosty hehe.. well almost frosty, but anywho, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom