Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is 3 slots on the motherboard and only 2 are used so It might handle over a gig

motherboard is a AOpen AK77-600N

well in the end its always a waste IMO if you dont put the max size of stick in the slot cause you will end up replacing it. for example if its 4 slots and 4 gigs max, then to have the best cost to performance ratio have 1 gig sticks, other wise you will be throwing away 512 sticks when you need to upgrade.

mikee your max is 3 gigs. and that is more than enough.

I was at microcenter buying parts for a new computer. once I realize that I was over a 1000 buck, I went to check out whole systems. I actually saved 250-300 bucks on a same spec system (I still kept the nvidia 256mb 7300 vid card for better performance than the 128 mb ddr onboard video chip).

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0254389

I know that that the one that I would have assemble would have been faster, but for saving that much I could live with it

interesting. 90% of the time i find building your own is better. but in the end it is personal preference. you wont get any fire here for a pre-built, but dont go to the overclocker's board with it lol.

zmatt said:
interesting. 90% of the time i find building your own is better. but in the end it is personal preference. you wont get any fire here for a pre-built, but dont go to the overclocker's board with it lol.

I've been building computers for years. that was alway the case. this was the first time Ive experience different.

you are right about the mobo too. I know that sometime in the future, I will swap out the mobo,psu and case

i guess sometimes fact is stranger than fiction lol. my biggest complaints with pre-builts is that your are at the mercy of the manufacturer's warranties, and they dont always use the "best" hardware, especially the motherboards.

zmatt said:
i guess sometimes fact is stranger than fiction lol. my biggest complaints with pre-builts is that your are at the mercy of the manufacturer's warranties, and they dont always use the "best" hardware, especially the motherboards.

I'm taking the slow arse Piece Of SH-it machine back in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom