Help with oc'ing backup rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
I just put my opty 146 2.0 ghz processor in, it has a CABNE stepping which is supposed to be the best. I have 2x1GB 2-5-2-6 Gskill DDR pc3200, on an Asus a8n-32 sli deluxe. I got it ALL the way up to 207 fsb before it wouldnt post, whats with that? CABNE's are supposed to get 2.7 plus on stock volts. Whats wrong? I have no divider or anything else, I'm just trying to get as far as I can without changing too much.

pic of rig:
Picture058.jpg

Ok well first try and see how high your CPU can go by it's self, so drop the ram down to 100MHz and then start raising the fsb and voltage accordingly.

this board is so hard to find all this overclocking stuff at, like the fsb is under "jumperfree configuration"

could it also be the ram? i just google my problem and someone said that they're feeling the limits with G.Skill ram on my asus board. Would it make a difference if i change the ram from my two systems in my sig?

It could be the ram that's why you want to drop it down to 100MHz so that you can eliminate the ram as a problem and see how high your CPU can go without any interference.

There should be other options there... If you keep it at 200, the RAM will definitely hit it's limit before the CPU, causing crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom