weird freezing, followed by drilling sound...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
OK, I was surfing the internet, and all of a sudden the computer freezes. Immediately after it freezes, a drilling sound was coming out of my speakers. I couldn't do anything, like crtl+alt+del....so I just pressed the reset button on the case. This is the first time it has happened, so I'm wondering...is it just your normal freezing of a computer, or something else? At the time of the freeze I only had firefox, winamp, torrent, folding, and everest opened.

Does it still make any noise? Did you have a cell phone or something electronic near it? Go into your Volume Control and mute any advanced channels you aren't using, and that will keep that sort of interference from happening.

At the time, I think 400-700mb of ram was used, and CPU usage was 50%+. I didn't any phone or electronic device near by. It hasn't made the noise or freeze, since I restarted the computer.

No...it just happened all of a sudden. When the computer froze, the drilling sound is non-stop through the speakers. And I couldn't move anything, or use the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom