Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusher

Solid State Member
I am planning on building a amd dual core 64 5200+ computer currently. I'm looking for some water cooling solutions for cooling. The card I will be running will be the bfg gtx 8800 water cooling edition for now, but I do plan on running dual 8800's in the future. My question is, what coolinng system will be good for me? Internal, external, fanless, or fan? I'm new to this buidling computer thing, this is going to be my first complete build. I know this system is going to put out a lot of heat and I know I'm going to need an effecient cooling system to be able to handle the process and two 8800's.

Regards,
Dennis

p.s. I can post the entire build if anyone needs it.

if you are going to spend that much on a rig, watercool h-e-double hockey sticks out it?
why not?
i'd like to see the entire system specs, just for my own curiosity...

^^agree^^
well, not that its a waste...new toys are never a waste of money...but the c2d's are better(sic. faster). and the 6600 kicks major buttocks...
if you aren't going to overclock, the 5200 is awesome.
if you are going to overclock, a 4200 (and probably a 3800) will likely clock just as high as the 5200. what's up with the 3ghz barrier...? anyone? but an e6400 will out perform it at the same clock speed in most instances.
one good thing about the 5200 IS it's high multi (13), so you may press it a little farther than the others.
whatever, it's your money. let's see those specs...

On the watercooling topic, most will tell you to build your own setup from individual parts. It will all depend on preference and goals. My setup sounds like a plane taking off because I was going for maximum OC of an E6600 and 2 8800's. I use headphones so it did not matter to me. Others want silence and will have a much different setup than mine. Some people want everything in the case where as my setup has radiator and pump and t-line outside/on top of the case. If you give a little more detail we can help you out better.

Also, read the watercooling faq in the OC section which links to Maxxracer's post over at Xtremesystems.org. It is excellent and a must read if you are just starting out.

The specs of the system I plan to build are follows, it is also my first system build:

-Cool Master Stacker 830 Evolution Case Full Tower

-Cool Master Real Pro 850w SLI Cert Power Supply

-Athlon 64 x2 5200+ processor

-Asus Crosshair MB

-Western Digital 150gig Raptor 10k rpm Hard Drive

-BFG GTX 8800 Water cooled edition

-Corsair XMS2 2gb ddr2800 pc6400 ram

-Sony DVD Rom

-Sony DVD rw/r Burner etc

-Floppy

then just a monitor/mouse/keyboard/speakers.

I hope I got it all...

Check out petrastechshop.com as well (think that is how it is spelled). They are known for their great products and solid kits.

Edit, and I would highly recommend a t-line over a resevoir. I had a res at first and it sucked. The t-line was much easier and should give better, although nominally better, overall cooling performance. There are tons of pics of watercooled kits at xtremesystems.org to give you ideas for your exact case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom