Crossfire setup vs geforce 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD-DMA

Beta member
Im considering getting a new computer and im curious whether a crossfire setup with 2 X1950XTX would perform better than a single Geforce 8800GTX cheers

Go with the GTX and the reasons why:

1. It's DX10 capable, not important now but for future proofing

2. Uses less heat and energy then the crossfire x1950s

3. Outperforms the crossfire x1950s in most modern games

4. Depreciates in value slower then the two x1950s

thx id say it wud prolly be cheaper 2 if i got a normal chipset wud it be worth gettin sli just for possible upgrades in the futurE?

Like me!!!!

but anyway... with 1 gts i got the score of crossfired x1950xtx's in 3dmark06.. so i know the obvious winner here... i'm an ati fan.. but i can't deny my 8800gts.. its one **** of a card

Why do people knock SLI so badly? I don't get it. With some cards, you can get the same performance via two cheapos as one expensive. The market is slowly shifting out of that ratio though with cheaper flagship cards and 1/2 priced cards at 1/4 performance. But look at it this way... Its like an extra 40 bucks for an sli mobo. And the good chipsets support sli. So if you want quality...you have to sli option no matter what. And its always nice to have, just incase crysis roles around and you're little GTS is struggling or something.

Get the 650i mobo. No one needs 3xPCI-E. But 2 is handy...

BennyV04988 said:
Why do people knock SLI so badly? I don't get it. With some cards, you can get the same performance via two cheapos as one expensive.

Well, if the total price of the two cheapos end up being similar to the expensive one, then why go SLI? It requires more power and you have now two componentes that can fail, instead of one. It also takes more space and generates more heat.

And the good chipsets support sli.

Not for Core 2, since the best chipsets are Intel, which don't support SLI.

Meithan said:
Not for Core 2, since the best chipsets are Intel, which don't support SLI.

I thought people liked the Nforce 6xx series a lot? I remember reading on Anandtech about how the 680i is awesome. I dunno.

Either way, even with a bad chipset, the C2D's still obliterate the AMD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom