PATA or SATA HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i can use any HDD?

and when looking for ram, what exactly should i look for so that i know it will work with my system? like how do i know what pin number and stuff like that?

thanks again for being so much help

You said it came up as DDR2. It should say DDR2 then a Mhz number. And you could use any one of those hard drives I showed you. I'd get an IDE one just to be on the safe side incase your motherboard doesn't support sata.

for ram it says the following;

System Memory 896 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)

please don't get angry with me, put just to be clear, as far as the hard drive goes, I can get any 2.5" notebook drive? and i should get one with an IDE or PATA interface?

896MB means you have a really crummy 1GB chip in there and it's not living up to what it should. You might be better off just getting one good stick of DDR2 1GB and replacing your current one. Also, Yes you can get any 2.5' drive and you should get one with a ATA interface. Here's a link to one that would be good for what you need: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822145092

Something like this would work well for your ram aswell: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231069

It's showing 896 total because they're not good 512 sticks and are not living up to their full potential like most RAM that mass production companies use. They buy whatevers cheapest that week, not what performs best because they still have to make a resonable profit.

yea. thats why i want to upgrade it. i would like to get the maximum 4 gig which would mean 2 2gig sticks. i know i don't need 4 gig, but i'm sure i will eventually with more and more advancements in technology.

By the time you need 4GB your processor will be too weak to run the programs that require it so in a big way it's senseless, especially for a laptop.

ok. so should i just go with 2 1gig ram sticks then?

how much ram do i need for running vista? i don't do any gaming but i need a fast computer because i use softwate like photoshop and macromedia a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom