transform xp to vista for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant get the same effect. If you notice Windowsblinds is complete see thru. They dont get the smoked or blurry effect that Vista does.

So it isnt the same effect at all. All it does in make the borders transparent. Which is nice but over-rated.

timblanchard said:
vista hogs your system resources, probably more than windows blinds or whatever

I have heard ppl say this so many times but i have been using vista since b4 beta 1 and even then i didnt think it hogged anymore resources than XP. I found it faster in fact so maybe ur computer is just not good enough to have it running fast.

BTW what is the point in making XP look like Vista? Using windowsblinds will slow your computers start up down and then all you get is a different look. Vista isnt just a new look of XP at all so tbh theres no point.

Makaveli213 said:
With windowsblinds they are not transparent. They use per-pixel shading to give the effect of transparency.

That's REALLY cheesy. Does it do it at all quickly? Or does it lag...

And if it can do that, why can't it blur?

timblanchard said:
vista hogs your system resources, probably more than windows blinds or whatever
If you are a bit above the specs of what is required then Vista runs just as fast if not faster. If you try and Run Ultimate with 512MB RAM then yeah you will notice lag. But that would be like runnign XP on 128MB RAM. It even lags then.

The General said:
That's REALLY cheesy. Does it do it at all quickly? Or does it lag...

And if it can do that, why can't it blur?
It is flawless. You dont notice it at all. The reason it cant blur is cause that isnt a property of per-pixel shading. Basically they make each pixel transparent. That give the see-thru windows. But with Vista and the .PNG format they use you can add the blur which is incorporated right into the window itself.

Okay so basically it's like taking a screenshot and applying that as your BMP for the borders? I mean, if it can do that, why can't it just add some gaussian blur or something before it displays it?

For some reason with XP and the bmp for the borders it doesnt allow it. That is one of the many quirks of XP. Actually this is how the windows borders have always been. Vista is the first to change it.

As for the windowsblinds not adding it i couldnt tell you. I ahvent dove into the application all that much to find out why. But i do know that from working with the application that people use to create the skins they dont ahve a option for it.

forrestcupp said:
This looks really cool. I think I would go with the Vista Inspirat bricopack, though. There is an review comparing Vista Inspirat and the Vista Transformation Pack here:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Vist...iversal-Vista-Inspirat-Brico-Pack-16334.shtml

I might uninstall the VTP and try this one out to see which one I like better.

I tried Vista Inspirat, and I like the Vista Transformation Pack better. The only thing better about Vista Inspirat is the object docker, but I can download it separately as freeware. So I'll use the VTP and maybe install the object docker.

For whoever asked earlier, the reason for doing this is so that I can have a nicer looking user interface until I can afford to spend $150 on a Vista upgrade. I have bills to pay, so right now Windows Vista isn't a priority. If I can make my XP look nicer for free until I have the cash, why not?

BTW, I have uninstalled both without any problems, and I notice a little lag with Vista Inspirat, but not Vista Transformation Pack. That could be because of the Object Docker, though. It's pretty graphic intensive.

so, here's what mine looks like along with DesktopSidebar (freeware)
I like it, and I don't care that there's no transparency:
Click Here
ThanXal0t Norcent

You may like it but its still nothing like vista.

The way that the aero has tried to be made is just by lowering the opacity of the image thats why its not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom