Upgraded CPU but Bios don't recognize full power

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeodd2

Baseband Member
I have an Asus p4s8x-x motherboard and just upgraded from a celeron 2.8 to a p4 3.06 533 fsb. The new processor is the absolute max that the board is supposed to be able to handle without overclocking. But after installing it I had not been able to get the Bios to recognize the full speed of the cpu. It would only see 1.6 ghz not 3.06. I have tried doing a repair reinstall and I have flashed the BIOS. Someone suggested that I may have been dupped, when I look under mycomputer/properties It says the processor is 3.06 and under device manager it also says that the cpu is a 3.06. So what do I need to do to get the board to recogize the full speed of the processor? It is also supposed to add the option of enable/disable hyperthreading once the new processor is installed, but it has not shown up in the Bios. Is it possible that I really did get jipped or do I need to do something to the Bios in order use the full power of this CPU?

The program did indicate that the processor is a p4 3.06.

Here are the statistics for the Clocks

Core Speed: 1599.66

Multiplier: 12X

Bus Speed: 133.3

FSB: 533

I am also running XP Home Edition, however I have heard that XP Home does recognize the p4 3.06 chip and does support hyperthreading for that chip. Do I need to do a clean install to get this to work or perhaps there is a jumper for this board that I need to set.

sorry my I was trying to adjust my bmp file to fit the attatchment standards. I heard in order to adjust the multiplier I would have to "unlock" the processor. How would I go about doing that?

I have no idea on how to unlock a locked processor's multiplier, I also have an asus board too(not same model) and I can only adjust the FSB(Front Side Bus) since multiplier is locked.

How's that screenshot coming along?

ok let's try this

l_87f620a7a5235bf32c38e235e859dbe6.jpg

I read some where that the mobile p4 will run at half power unless you make an adjustment to the power, I went into the power setting and set it to always, but it had no affect.

I didn't know you had a mobile p4, I'll have to do some searching about it since I don't know much about the mobile stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom