Need to cut money off this build :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam123

In Runtime
Hey guys! I made what I thought was a decent computer, My budget is 1400$ (not including shipping and taxes). This came out to around 1,669 :( . I need to know how to shave off a couple hundred. I mainly play World of Warcraft, But If I can I want to be ready for future games! Heres what I have..

CPU- Athlon 64 X2 +4200

Memory- 2 gigs of OCZ Ram

HDD- Seagate 320 GB

Power Supply- OCZ 600W

Case- NCIX- Xion

Monitor- Samsung 19" Widescreen

Dvd Combo- Samsung Dvd Combo

O.S- Windows Vista

Video Card- BFG Geforce 7900GS

Mother board- Asus Motherboard

Basic Keyboard and mouse

So there it is, I hope someone could find someway to get it down. And geez, if some of the parts I picked are junky, please tell me :)

Thanks!
Adam

i play obvilion(sp) with a 2.4 single core and I have fun. let the amd and intel fight it out a little longer before buying dual core
should save another 100

my video card works well also

Heh thanks, and to Coke27, I think the reason those prices are lower is because its an american site. Im in canada :) Sorry!

Go with one 1GB stick until you can afford another. You can also save a bit on the power supply as you do not need 600W. Something between 400-500 should be enough.

See if the X1950Pro isn't cheaper, it's a better card than the 7900GS. (if you are considering running SLI in the future forget this, but then again, I don't believe you should).

Stick with a good single core AMD proc, like that 3800+ in that link, stick with 2 gigs of memory if you can, and you don't need a 600W PSU, stick with a enermax liberty 500w for around $100.

Although, I've been running oblivion myself on my X2 3800+, 7800GT, OCZ platinum 1.5gigs, at 1024x768 with HDR, and it bogs down sometimes and has gotten choppy before.

So definetly spend the most in the video card area as you can. Step up from that 7900GS with the money you've tooken off other components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom