OC 2500 help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie88

Baseband Member
hey ppl!

i need some help wit oc.
i just got my new motherboard 2day (Asus A7N8X-X),
and i have eveything installed in it. my cpu is an athlonXP 2500+.
firstly i tried settin it @ 200*11=2.2Ghz
and it didnt work.....(system restarted and everything seemed normal, detected all drives, and then it said 'verifying dmi pool data' or sumfin, and did dat 4 awhile before goin onto a blank screen.)
i tryed other settings aswell, but none work, apart from stock speed...1.83Ghz.
how come other people can overclock there 2500 and i cant?
wat could i try doin?

thanx!

first off the fan is very important. make sure u don't have a pretty bad fan. second off some processors require a special magnetic liquid that allows a computer to overclock. make sure u have a standard bus and then try increasing the multiplier. if that doesn't work i'll get back to u about more ways.

dragondima said:
first off the fan is very important. make sure u don't have a pretty bad fan. second off some processors require a special magnetic liquid that allows a computer to overclock. make sure u have a standard bus and then try increasing the multiplier. if that doesn't work i'll get back to u about more ways.

What is this magnetic liquid your talking about?

Just so you understand, processors are given headroom to make sure that the market rating is met. Each processor, even at the same rating can be different from other processors which have come from different wafers, and sometimes even processors from the same wafer can be different. It's not AMD's job to make sure you can overclock their processors any higher then their rating.

With that said, I shall continue. dragondima I'm not sure what your talking about, I have never heard of any kind of "magnetic liquid" which can "enable" overclocking. Perhaps you implying towards thermal grease? If it is, thermal grease only betters the transmission of heat to the heatsink.

newbie88, I would suggest increasing the VCore voltages +.025 at a time. VCore can add stability, but to much VCore voltage adds more heat, so be careful. It is also a good idea to overclock a processor slowly, in steps, because as I stated above, not all processors have the same overclocking abilities as others.

thanx mdshort, ill try changin da vcore voltages.

Also in reply to the first person,
i have 4*80mm led case fans
and 1*120mm led chasis fan.

What CPU fan do you have? The default fan is not normally very good for cooling - depending on the ambient temperature of the room.

hahaha!!!!
i finally overclocked it, and itz working!
i found out dat it only worked if i didnt
change the multiplier, and left it at *11.

rite now itz @ 2.1Ghz.
and is recognised as an AMD athlonXP 3200.
dats a bit weird....but i aint complainin.

in reply 2 kangaroo...
im using cpu stock fan...yea i know itz crap but
itz doin aight.
my system is pretty stable and cpu temps
are around 40-45 degrees.

thanx ppl!!!
:D

nah itz not mobile.

Original OEM Processor
AMD athlonXP 2500+ Barton core
(Model A).

how come people say the CPU is locked, yet u can still change it and OC it, im confused, im just learning about this stuff and it seems their is alot of misinformation in this area. Mine just came in the mail, ill be setting it up once my heatsink arrives. So i wonder what my 1st step is to OC it. AMD 2500+ Shuttle A35N-ultra. and corsair ddr400 ram with CAS 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom