Which System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
Which of these two systems would be a better deal?

System A (my build)
COOLER MASTER CM Stacker STC-T01
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Intel 975X ATX
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
Western Digital 74gb Raptor
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
SeaSonic S12-500 ATX12V 500W
eVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB
Pioneer 16X DVD±R DVD Burner
Sony Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM
NEC Black Floppy Drive
Zalman 9500
=~$1575

System B (a deal my friend can get on an hp)
Intel E6700
4GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (4x1024)
320GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
LightScribe 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
3.5 in. 1.44MB Floppy Drive
802.11 b/g Wireless LAN and 56K data/fax modem
128MB NVIDIA GeForce 7350LE
Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports
HP Keyboard, HP Scroller Mouse
Microsoft(R) Works 8.0
Norton Internet Security(TM) 2007 - 15 Months
Microsoft Vista
19" HP flat panel monitor
=~$1575 after 10% discount

I'm actually thinking the HP would be, cause I could sell the extra stuff it comes with like the monitor, keyboard, mouse, graphics card, and then put that money towards a better vid card. But I'm not sure if that'd be the best, cause it's prebuilt. Not even sure if I could swap out the 7350LE or if it's integrated. What do you guys think? Which would you go with?

The first system is better for overclocking and gaming. I suggest you go with your build, rather than prebuilt.

System B is very unbalanced. You don't need 4GB yet. By the time you do there'll be much faster memory out. You're never going to use at least 2GB of that. Not to mention the video card is quite poor. The only good thing, although less so in combination with that slower memory, is the E6700.

System A has good parts everywhere and is more future proof (faster memory, better videocard, good cpu cooler).

So even if I sold the LCD monitor and 7350LE off System B and evened it out by buying a better vid card and a HSF, you guys still think System A is the better bargain?

If you drop that raptor or even dropping both hdds and getting 2x250gb in raid like i did, then you could get the windows vista (which i suggest not to right now and just get a good win xp home for the time being). Also you could get a better monitor like this one:

samsung 19" WS $190 (after mail-in-rebate)

Now your build will blow that hp away. It might cost an extra 100-150 dollars with that monitor but compared to the 7300le (laughs) and generic stuff hp uses...yeah your build all the way. Also you won't be able to overclock an hp since they lock the bios. With your build, you should be able to get 3.4ghz with that zalman 9500 (w/ some as5)....i did easy ;). Now 3.4ghz conroe compared to 2.66ghz conroe.....yeah thats my point :p.

Hope that helps you out.

Already have a 24" monitor :) But sounds to me like the build would be better than the HP for OC'ing and future upgradeability. If somebody disagrees with that, let me know why. Btw, do all prebuilts have locked bios?

Most do...like Dell, HP, Sony, etc... But I think companies like cyberpowerpc and ibuypower don't.....not sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom