Motherboard to pair with E6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Can someone please recomend a motherboard for use with an E6600 CPU? Looking to stay around $100, do not need SLI, but if it is worth it I will certainly spend more. Do not need onboard video either, or sound, but it seems like most motherboards include onboard sound.

On a friends PC I used a Gigabyte 965g with his E6600 but he was using the onboard video, and from looking it the bios it didn't seem like this board was good for overclocking. I do not plan to overclock for a while, but want the option.

Thanks for any help :)

I'd take a Gigabyte DS3 over that Biostar any day, it's only like 20 bucks more I think.

Anyone else on the Gigabyte vs the Biostar? I'd like to get something decent that I won't have to worry about upgrading for a year or so. I haven't owned a Gigabyte or Biostar motherboard before. So far, just Asus and Abit, and Asrock, but I think Asrock is affiliated with Asus somehow..

both are pretty good. i am planning to get my own ds3 soon. but the biostar does have the record for c2d overclocks.....
i have heard more good things about gigabyte as opposed to the biostar, but i have never had any experience with either of the motherboards.

the biostar is a solid board worth the price. It actually overclocks better than the DS3. Thing is the DS3 has more features but its also 30 bucks more. So just depends on your budget.

just wondering, what more features does the gigabyte have. i see that it has 2 more sata ports and the coax+spidf. what other features does it have?

I belive it supports RAID and the biostar doesnt, as well as a few people like the BIOS layout more. Although I would stay with my Biostar if someone asked me to change. It is a great board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom