Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. No. I know more about Vista than your littel site can give me. Thanks for the offer though.

the install id allows you to activate windows. the serial works for an installation, but you need the install id for activation. its a big annoying and cumbersome process that they have to try to keep pirate's at bay.

I wish that I knew this before. I thought that only ultimate contain media center. I didn't need the other extra features.

Question. can I put one copy of vista on a desktop and have a backup on a laptop?

case02xx3iy1.jpg

ATi AGP + With nForce3 + Vista = Code 43 Error
[H] reader Ed Cabarles sent me a link to the AMDÂ’s Knowledge Base entry 737-24498 that explains why nForce3 owners that are using an ATi AGP video card are left without 3D acceleration after upgrading to Vista.

Attempting to install the graphics driver on a system containing an NVidia NF3 chipset and an ATI AGP graphics adapter may result in the driver failing to install and the 3D engine not activating. In Windows Vista 32bit or 64bit versions, the Device Manager will show a (!) mark and the AGP card will operate in PCI mode only. When the properties of the device are shown, the error code will show as code 43.

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge

Microsoft will not close a loophole that offers consumers a cheaper way to upgrade to Windows Vista.

The procedure is time consuming, but allows users to save about 35 per cent of the purchase price for the regular Windows Vista.

"People without a licensed copy of XP that use this workaround are violating the terms of use agreed to when they purchased the upgrade version of Windows Vista," a Microsoft spokesman told vnunet.com.

"As such, we believe only a very small percentage of people will take the time to implement this workaround, and we encourage all customers to follow our official guidelines for upgrading to Windows Vista."

Microsoft added that it does not have any plans to disable the workaround at this time.

http://bink.nu/Article9476.bink

go figure. i wouldnt go as far as suing them, but this a big fumble on their part. I havent tried gaming on vista yet except for Halo, and when im online it tells me that my product key is invalid, i know thats not true i bought the game myself at walmart 2 years ago. Vista has many bugs especially when it comes to software compatibility, and to me it seems its new anti-piracy features cripple older games like Halo.

my games lag like a motherf*cker with microsoft's drivers
GTA SA and NFS Most Wanted are the only ones I have tried so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom