Gaming monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Samsung 173s LCD and I think it's awesome for gaming. Only thing is it cost me $700 CDN about $520 USD.

I agree most LCD's are over priced but i'll asure you they can still be as good as a CRT. Plus effecaint when it comes to space. The one I'm getting is awsome I'm just suprised that some people even think that there are no good LCD's out there. I can't wait till I get mine:D

NanoWarrior said:
I agree most LCD's are over priced but i'll asure you they can still be as good as a CRT. Plus effecaint when it comes to space. The one I'm getting is awsome I'm just suprised that some people even think that there are no good LCD's out there. I can't wait till I get mine:D

no LCD can be as good as CRT .. it can come close but it will never beat it. Especially in response time.

ARG! i've seen a LCD as good as a CRT and thats the one i'm getting. And I am a gamer....... For goodness sakes this is frustrating....it's like people saying that a DSL connection is better than DSL connection . Only if I could take you guys down to the place I'm getting mine and show you!. Once again I'm not saying one is better than the other, It's only the MATTER of which one do you prefere.

The CRT will always have an edge. However, if by prefer you mean your decesion is based on size ... then yes it is a matter of preference. However, if your decesion is based on quality, nothing beats a CRT... especially some of the ones from sony *drools*

beedubaya said:
I am now heavily leaning towards a new CRT. How low does the dot-pitch need to be?

Id say at least a .26 through the lower it gets the better it will be (and the more expensive). Top quality is .22 or lower.

See this for more info.

Ah but one thing LCD's have over CRT's is that LCD's can support DVI (digital Video Interface) instead of just anolog. Bassicaly LCD RGB values are more percise (digital), instead of just anolog CRT's Can Only support. Anolog waves tell the CRT moniter to give me some green, some blue and a little red. LCD moniters have the next step that CRT's can never technecly accomplish.(It's been attemped before but only reduced performance on the CRT.) Digital tells the LCD, give me exactly this much green, give me exactly this much Red, and give me exactly this much blue, and now. Which then results in High Definition Quality Video And Images. Which is awsome for gaming.

Once again. I'm not claiming that one type moniter is better than the other, they both have there ups and downs.

You should get a CRT with a virtual flatscreen, it rox.

I've got a 17" MITSUBISHI Diamond Pro 710 with Virtual Flat Screen for $60.00 at a convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom