Gainward 7800GT Arctic Cooler problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmallGods

Baseband Member
So then. I decided to change the stock heatsink on my GFX card, a Gainward Bliss 7800GT 512mb. I've used Arctic before for my CPU, so purchased their cooler for 7800's. However, upon removing my old GFX cooler, I discovered the the new one I'd bought doesn't fit, due to design differences with Gainward and NVidia! Doh!

Unfortunatly, the old cooler was hard to get off and the wires for the power supply came out while I was removing it. This leaves me with the option of re-wiring it (something I really don't think I;m capable of doing..), or buying a new one. Even a replacement for the stock one would do, although preferably some kind of quieter upgrade would be nice.

Any suggestions? Sooner I get it fixed the better, I need for my PC formy course (Comp Sci), and am having to type this on a friends laptop...

EDIT: Sorry, meant to say, the cooler I bought was the Artic Cooling Accelero X1 Cooler (6800/7800 Series)

Is the card AGP or PCI-EXPRESS?

Edit, just saw your sig ;)

can you not source another cooler off a site like EBUYER? they do next day delivery for about £9, top service they have never let me down.

Sorry, but what do you mean by source another cooler? I could buy another 3rd party (eg, Arctic) if that what you mean, but I have no idea if it would fit my card or not, as the layout does NOT seem to be the same as the NVidia model in terms of screw holes.

Put simply, I don't want to spend £9 on Ebuyers next day stuff (which I admit is excellent!) when I have no idea if it'll fit! Just because something says its "7800 compatable", apparently doesn't mean it'll fit mine judging by what I've seen so far..

Hate to double post, but can anyone else help here? Theres gotta be someone out there with a Gainward 7800 512 thats attempted to replace the stock cooler...

I'm seriously stuffed here at the mo, got work and deadlines looming and I can't get at the work / software I need..

Google around your card, you'll probably find something... a review which mentions 3rd party coolers, blog site, or a cooler which specifically states Gainward 7800GT compatible.

Not doing it for you fella... Good luck.

Thats just it, I have searched around, the general opinion is that Gainward suck when it comes to 3rd party stuff. Believe me, I googled my *** off.

However, I think I've found a solution. The Zelman F900 looks as if it'll fit my card ok if I use a converter for the the power from the PSU. Something to bare in mind for people doing this in the future I guess.

I am so using NVidia next time... =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom