Optimal card for Athlon 3200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the dual-card type support is a nice feature of the board. That, and the fact it's one of the few nForce4 boards for the socket 754.

So you think I wouldn't get much more benefit from a 7900GS due to my CPU?

no....thats not how it works. You will see a lot more performance from a 7900GS over a 7600GT.

I don't care if your running a sempron, you will notice a performance increase alright.

I don't know how this whole "Your CPU will bottleneck that card to death" rumor started but for the most part video cards aren't bottlenecked, and when they are its only by a bit.

I got my new board and CPU installed last night and now I’m ****ed! The Jetway Mobo description of “AGP compatible” without specifying 4x/8x made me suspicious before I purchased, so I called Jetway tech support then. He assured me 3 times over the phone that it would do up to AGP 8x. So now I come to find out that it is just basically a PCI slot! There are no AGP settings in the BIOS, just PCI and PCI-E (3DMark also shows it as PCI).

My 3DMark03 benchmark for the 6800GS went from 7100 with my old Athlon 1800 and Abit AT7, to a mere 6350 with the new Athlon 3200 and nForce4 board @$#%!$^!!!!. I was planning to go PCI-E in the next few months anyway, but I guess I have to go ahead with that now. I plan to squeeze a few more GHz out of the CPU with moderate overclocking if that will allow me the benefit of a slightly faster card.

Do you think something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130056 would be done justice by my rig then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom