Windows Resolution problems + how do you turn on the video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah w

Beta member
I was originally trying to help my mom out with a resolution problem on her computer. I ended up doing something stupid and turned off the video adapter, I figured I could just turn it back on, but now the windows screen won't load at all because the video adapter is off. I can't turn it back on, because I can't see windows, lol. So how can I turn it back on?

If I can now solve that problem, she was having a resolution problem on her computer, it was stuck on 16 bits and something around 800 x 600. When I went to the video settings, it wouldn't move from 800 x 600 or 16 bits, those were the only possible options. She needs the resolution bigger to view certain programs and what knot. So.. Anyone have ideas?

Okay when you boot the PC you should see something with a bunch of words right away. It should say something like hit F2 to enter BIOS. Do that. From there you should be able to enter the setup screen and turn on the onboard adapter. That way you can get back into windows.

From there make sure that the original adapter is turned back on and reset.

From here go back into the BIOS and turn off the onboard. But only if you Mum's computers uses a seperate source for video other than the onboard.

If she does then when Windows boots again check and see who makes the card. It should be a ATi or nVidia brand. From there go to the site and get the appropiate drivers. This will help with the resolution problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom