Ocing Without Using BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K M A N said:
OK 2.4-2.7ghz, Right... will that be cool enough or will it overheat and get to hot (60 Degrees C +) ?

Thanks

I would guess if you don't use some AS5 or equivalent you aren't going to go far, but if you did have AS5 i would guess at 2.4-2.7 the temps wouldn't change much at all from stock settings. If they do i would guess maybe 2-8ºC higher.

I would guess your could be around 50-60ºC with the oc.

nerdygeek said:
Sorry to bum off your thread
but yea im using a 3800 x2, can i use clokgen and easy tune aswell, even if i dont have a gigabyte mobo? And where do i change the voltage because i downloaded clockgen and it doesn't do it there. Thanks

you shouldnt. unless like O.P. it is absolutely neccessary. even then i wouldn't.
nosboost (probably) used it only to run benchmarks. you can fire up all kinds of gremlins if those windows utilities cause corruption.
what mobo do you have that doesnt let you access the bios?
what socket is your cpu?
what are your system specs, etc?

X2 3800 (939)
Mobo asus A8n-sli premium
2 gigs of value ram
evga 7900 gs ko

the problem is that i am using vista and the drivers don't work for it, therefore i cant use the AI nos asus provides and the bios wont let me change anythign except the hyper transport.

nerdygeek said:
X2 3800 (939)
Mobo asus A8n-sli premium
2 gigs of value ram
evga 7900 gs ko

the problem is that i am using vista and the drivers don't work for it, therefore i cant use the AI nos asus provides and the bios wont let me change anythign except the hyper transport.

hm, that sucks. dude you have like a kick @$$ 939 board...you should be able to o.c. the crap outta that 3800 (you'd need better ram, tho im sure you know this).
if i were in this situation...'fraid i'd have to dump vista...at least until they had drivers compatible with my mobo.
good luck with it , tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom