Windows Vista Home Basic locks up on install

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok guys, long time no talk to anyone around here. Anyways my brother recently got a copy of Windows Vista Home Basic, installed it on an older system, install went fine, no driver support for it so he sold the copy to me. Tried to install it on my main rig, and it just... Stopped at the Completing installation step. Went and tried it on a slightly older computer that met the specs required and it installed fine. So why would a newer computer with good specs not let it install correctly??? Any ideas?

MSI K9n Platinum
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
2x512Mb Patriot ram in Dual Channel mode
Albatron 6600LE graphics card
80Gb Western Digital SATA hdd...

I have, I even moved most my hardware to the other machines, and it all works... It is either my motherboard, RAM, or GPU that is causing issues...

And this is an OEM or Retail of Vista? I know OEM might not work sometimes. My last copy of XP was retail, luckily.

It is most likely the mobo. It probably doesnt have the correct drivers for it. Try and download any drivers you can from the manufactorer site and use the F6 to see if that will help.

I am never given an option to press F6 to load drivers. And it always does this at the last step, and only the last step, it just sits there, it dont really lock up... It just sits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom