Help to fix problems that Sandra Lite found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry. I meant signature. that wierd. smart shouldn't have anything to do with sound

Code:
If you want to know where you're going, you have to know where you came from.

I changed the firewall and refresh rate this afternoon. I didn't change any other settings after I changed SMART in BIOS. I created a restore point just before I changed it and when I did a system restore, my sound was back. But my pc does do some strange things . . . it's the reason I ran the Sandra scan, hoping to get rid of some of the quirks it has.

But I'm very happy that my screen doesn't constantly blink on and off . . . that's a huge plus!

Hi talldude,

I've run a number of anti- programs in regular mode, safe mode and safe mode with networking but the results are always clean:

I enable system hidden files and folders and protected operating system files folders and take the day running SpyBot, Microsoft Malicous Software Removal Tool, Panda, Windows Defender, Trend Micro, Ad-Aware, Bit Defender, CWShredder, Kill2Me, Spy Sweeper, Ewido and F-Secure Blacklight Rootkit Eliminator. I keep them all up-to-date with the newest revisions. I also have AVG installed and it runs a scan every morning. I also keep my machine pretty clean by using CCleaner, PC onPoint, RegSeeker and Dial-a-fix.

I think I'm looking for a bandaid when I need to at least re-install Windows, if not a reformat but every little settings change makes a difference. Thanks for your suggestion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom