ur opinions about my sound card......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
i got it Christmas *tight budget* n i wanted to get a better one but i thought it was ridiculous to try to get anything better.

once i installed this in my computer, i was hearing sound in games like BF 2142 like never before. Now my concern is, was it a wise choice to get this or shouldnt i have just tried to get a better one?

here is mine:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829121122

n here was one i thought was cool, but a too high in price at the time:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102005

from what i read from the specs, it seems to do EXACTLY the same as the other, just one can support 5.1 n the other 7.1.

if any of u can give me opinions on about how good these cards are the same, n different, n what makes X-Fi better?

because as far as im concerned, im sticking to the M-AUDIO sound card because of how cheap it was n what it gives me. I like it a lot.

The X-FI just have EAX support and VRAM which makes your games smoother in frames, if you have a powerful enough computer this doesnt matter anyway. In terms of the sound itself i believe that they will both perform about the same.

Sora said:
The X-FI just have EAX support and VRAM which makes your games smoother in frames, if you have a powerful enough computer this doesnt matter anyway. In terms of the sound itself i believe that they will both perform about the same.

well i dont have a very good computer now, since my 6600 LE died thx to OCing it too much, i can hardly play anything except Diablo 2.

i am planning on getting the ATI R600 in March, once i get a job n the money that is; then the rest of the computer i will upgrade at the end of this year. I will spend over $4000 at the end of this year just upgrading my computer.

would it be a good idea to get this sound card? probably wouldnt notice a huge difference huh?

EDIT

i have these headphones:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826106346

work great, also got for Christmas.

had this old 2.1 speaker system w/ subwoofer: Z-2200, which works great, most of the time.

Yea what he said ^

Also how are those headphones i was thinking about getting a pair of the PC 140 sometime this month

Sora said:
Yea what he said ^

Also how are those headphones i was thinking about getting a pair of the PC 140 sometime this month

their pretty good, i thought microphone wasnt working, but i forgot to turn up the volume on my M-AUDIO lol.

cord is very long, so i left it twist-tied, the headphones did make a '[SHHHHHHHHHHHH' sound twice, but doesnt do that anymore.

i recommend if u want cheap good headphones, these ones dont hurt my ears too much, only because i have my glasses on.

what did/what are you spend(ing) 4k on?
im just curious.
i dont know if there's really a rig out that can be worth that much.
kudos if you have the bread, but like i said i'm just curious about the specs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom