Cooling-Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
I need a GPU& Chipset cooler. I'm not sure what will fit my case and components, so I figure I will list what I have, and if anyone has had a similiar build or knows for certain what will would be the best, they could post.

Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5
Board: DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D
GPU: eVGA 6800 GT

I don't care about brand, looks, etc. I want a good product that will fit. Just keep the price reasonable. Dont want to pay 200 for some cooling.
If you need any addition info it will be provided.

Thanks a bunch

Thanks for the posts. I've been eyeing the VF-700 Cu/Al Cu for a long time, was never really sure if it would fit with a chipset cooler too.

Also need recommendations for my chipset. It will have to fit with either a VF-700 Cu or a VF-900 CU GPU cooler. Likely the VF-700 Cu.

I dont need any massive results for my chipset, but 5c lower would be great.

I posted a chipset cooler above. What does the chipset cooler have to do with the GPU cooler? Are you talking about ramsinks? If so, the Zalman cooler comes with them.

What if your ram already has heatsinks on it? Do you still put the heatspreaders ontop of the heatsinks?

turtile said:
I posted a chipset cooler above. What does the chipset cooler have to do with the GPU cooler? Are you talking about ramsinks? If so, the Zalman cooler comes with them.

Ah I see now, sorry. I saw SLI and read a bit and I assumed it was an alternative to the VF900/VF700. My mistake.

I'm still looking for some Northbrige cooling options.

Keep the posts flowing.

Edit: Ordering the VF900 and the Thermalright HR-05 heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom