Keeping the Dust out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0202

Solid State Member
I have a client that has a new dell set up for there concrete company. The problem is in the summer with the trucks going in and out and having a dirt driveway a lot of dust ends up covering the new computer. To prevent them from having to buy a new computer at the end of every summer IÂ’m looking for a case to put the server in to filter the dust. I have seen them before but IÂ’m having trouble finding them online. This case will completely house the server. Any help would be great guys.
Thanks
Matt

Its a lot of dust. Filters wont help. They would have to clean then every day or two times a day.

What I would suggest is either build or buy a seperate small shed that is air-tight, set up an air-conditioned cooling system, this way you keep not only the dust out but you keep the server cool especially in the summer time.

The shed wouldn't cost but a couple hundered and the a/c another couple hundered. Overall, it may seem expensive to begin with but in the long run it would seriously pay for itself, both in time and money saved from having to replace filters and/or computers.

The only other suggestion would be to set up the server remotely and access it through either a DSL or Cable connection. This would be cheaper unless you have no place to set it up at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom