Thanks for the help everyone, just made my final purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
overclocking should make you excited. By overclocking you can make your CPU much more powerful than what it was when you bought it with pretty much no consequences. They say it cuts the life down..but the average life is already 10 years and who actually has a chip from 97 that they still use?

I have one from 2000, but yeah haha. it'll all depend, if i OC it and something goes wrong the warranty wont' cover it, and that was one of the reasons i went thru a pre-built site.

It is VERY hard to mess a chip up through overclock these days because of all the safety measures they have and just are overall better suited for it

Really the only way your going to damage your cpu, to the point where they actually think you did oc it. It would take ALOT much more than you'll be able to do on Intel's stock cooling.

The Core 2 Duo's are nearly impossible to destroy while overclocking... Most of the time your cpu will run unstable or crash way before it will even start taking permanent damage.

Plus, if you look up some overclock results of the C2D, keep an eye on temperatures, make sure you apply the voltages and the clock speeds right, and maintain a stable system, nothing can happen and you know how far you can push it.

Everytime I talk to the guy on the phone, he says that OCing my system would be a horrible idea, he says there wouldn't be any difference besides voiding the warranties.

Yea it's a horrible idea alright...making your chip 80%+ faster for the same cash.

Who is this guy? The cyberpowerpc guy?

Her's why he says that. It is almost impossible to tell if something was overclocked unless you fry something. Thus if something goes wrong they don't want to pay the money to fix it if they don't have to.

I know this is true with graphics cards, and it remains true to some extent with CPU chips.

It's the digitalstormonline guy, he's the person who made me not want to overclock cuz before he said something I had planned to. I might still do it, it just depends on the performance I get while playing.

cementshoes said:
Everytime I talk to the guy on the phone, he says that OCing my system would be a horrible idea, he says there wouldn't be any difference besides voiding the warranties.

This dude ^ is living in the 90's !!! Dont worry about it, OCIng is totally safe and harmless......just do a little research first and even if you screw up the system usually crashes and reboots to stiock settings anyways...enjoy and use your system to its fullest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom