"IF" i was getting a 8800GTX would my PSU be sufficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Its a 520w OCZ Modstream, now i got confused with my amps/watts etc so can someone tell me if this is good enough to run a 8800GTX

Here it is http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/102953 but i think what you need to know is the following..........
* 160x150x86 mm
* 95~132Vac / 190~264Vac 10/6a
* 200~240Vac Only**
* 520W: +3.3V(28A), +5V(52A), +12V(28A)
* Over-voltage/Short-Circuit protection
Thanks

yeah i know that but i hear people say you need so many amps on the rail(s) or whatever, this is what i was unsure of, hence why i included the tech spec of my psu

It's not the amps on the 12V rails that are going to keep you from hooking up an 8800GTX on it.
It's the lack of a second 6-pin PCIe connector that will.

And I can know it, I'm a ModStream owner myself.

P.S.: Don't even consider upgrading from a 7950GT just yet.

Phrantic said:
It's not the amps on the 12V rails that are going to keep you from hooking up an 8800GTX on it.
It's the lack of a second 6-pin PCIe connector that will.

And I can know it, I'm a ModStream owner myself.

P.S.: Don't even consider upgrading from a 7950GT just yet.

Im not, i was just wondering if my psu was sufficient thats all.

And theres 2 pci-e connectors on the modstream? theres a light blue and a dark blue, that makes 2?:confused:

so if i decide to get a 8800GTX in the future ill have to get another psu? that would be a real shame, its a great psu.

The 8800GTX comes with two PCI-E power dongles. The eVGA one does, at least.

Your PSU is the minimum for the 8800GTX ALONE, let alone your mobo, ram, HDDs, optical drives. You'll need a better PSU if you want to get an 8800GTX and run it at it's full potential (stock).

Hi, I bought a 8800 GTX not too long ago but have not put together my system yet as I am waiting on my E6600. I hvae a ultra x-connect2 550W PSU. Will I be able to get the full potetntial out of that card or will it be dumbed down or something as snake-eyes said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom