Memory Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftmscott

Baseband Member
I've just set up a new PC and i'm having some trouble with the memory. I bought 1GB of Crucial DDR400 PC3200, yet both my bios and CPU-Z is showing it as DDR333 PC2700.

My motherboard specifically states that it supports DDR400, both on the board and in the manual.

Anyone have any ideas of what may cause this? I've posted two screenshots from CPU-Z below if they help.

mem1tv3.jpg

mem2pv5.jpg

I hate to tell you this but it looks like your board only supports DDRII 667 and so that is the max RAM speed you are going to get. Go back to the website you listyed above and you'll see. There is nothing you can do but run at that speed.

Supports Dual Channel DDRII667 (DDRII x 2 DIMMs) and DDR400 (DDR x 2 DIMMs) <<<<<< This is copied form the Website.

Opps.....you are using DDR 400...Hmmmmmm. Go into your BIOS and adjust your memory timings and BUS speeds accordingly. Your manual shold give you instructions on how to accomplish that.

In my motherboard manual, under the specifications it says;

- 2 x DDR DIMM slots
- Support DDR400/333/266
- Max. capacity 2GB

So surely that means that the two DDR slots support DDR400, which is what my RAM is.

:Edit: I've just seen your edit, i'll see what i can do in the bios, cheers!

I can't seem to find any options to do with memory, can you give me any ideas as to what i should be looking for?

On page 33 of the manual under: Chipset configuration>DRAM frequency: you have an option to select DDR 400 (200Mhz) on the right side of the screen:

I would set it for auto first and then try 200Mhz if that does not solve the problem.

you cas latency is set to 2.5 which the ram operates at 333 speeds, according to cpu z,, set it to 3 in the bios along with the ram speed to 200mhz,, that should do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom