A Dodgy Question about MS Office Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I know that MS Office 2003 and MS Office 2007 now have validation checks. Just like your Windows Xp and Vista.

My dodgy questions are as follows :-

1. Apart from Office 2007 (v12) and Office 2003 (v11), is Microsoft checking any earlier versions. Eg. XP and 2000.

2. If you happen to fail the activation checks, does it give you an annoying pop up saying your software is non-genunie. Or does it lock up the software into "Limited Functionality Mode" where you can only Open, View and Print documents?

I know that Office 2007 (v12) does go into a "Limited Functionality Mode".

Reason i ask is just incase I come across it with clients as most of them might think that Limited Functionality Mode is caused by a virus.

Please note that this is not a WaReZ Post. And FYI, I have a MS Action Pack Subscription, so I have little need of pirated copy of MS ANYTHING products.

AFAIK the Validation is mostly for downloaded material. I havent come across anyone's Office being put into Limited Funtion mode yet.

Office 2003 doesn't suffer from the limited functionality problem that 2007 does. As far as I know, the only time it would be triggered is if the key you are using gets flagged, so I would protect the keys so that no one else can get them. From waht I'm hearing, and have started testing, in the corp environment, you basically run your own validation server, so that you should never see problems like that.

Office 2000 Professional had a validation check, I believe. Not sure what happens if you fail. Most likely it gives you a 60 or 90-day trial and locks you out thereafter. And like Beed said, just don't get the updates and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom