computer will not start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transerver

In Runtime
After downloading a anti-spyware program from my internet provider, i restarted like it told me to. After restarting, my computer became very, very slow and when I tried to run programs, my computer overheated around 71c, it shuts down automatically. I tried to use my computer over and over again and it shutdown like always after like 2 minutes. After a while, the computer refused to start up, sometimes it froze during windows load up, and sometimes there was no signal going to my monitor. I am now unable to use windows because it freezes before entering windows/ or no signal to monitor. I tried to restore the computer but it refuses to do so.

Anyone have an idea? I thought it might be my processor but i'm not sure

the fact the temp was 72C is worrying and if that reading is from just the BIOS before even starting up, then odds are the pc is overheating causing it to freeze and shutdown.

I would open up your pc and check to see if your fan is working or covered in dust.

My fans are working just fine.

And no, i cannot get into bios,

freezes after saying : Main processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz(133.20.0)

maybe this will work. Take that hard drive(os Installed one) go on another pc. hook it up as a slave, uninstall anti-spyware program that caused your pc to mess up

when i get to` the option of safe mode or normal windows, i chose start normally and it just froze. when i chose safe mode, bunch of code came up but no safe mode started

Sounds like you forgot to set your bad harddrive as the slave. Your friend's (or 2nd) computer should start normally as if nothing has changed, allowing you to access the HD from My Computer. Read the instructions on the case of the harddrive; it will explain how to make that drive a slave drive. If you've done this and it still isn't working, make sure the good drive is selected in your BIOS as the first boot option, and your bad harddrive is second. You may also wish to check if both drives are showing up in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom