Build. Need Comments/Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol it looks like me and you are gonna have almost the same build. i have the e6300 and i love it. in march i am going to get that gigabyte ds3 along with the exact ram that you are going to buy. but maybe i will get 2 sets of 2x512 for a total of 2gb, depending if it will fit in my budget. but i will not get the same videocard, i'm gonna get the geforce 8600ultra when the come out sometime around march.

everything on your build looks pretty good. you should be able to get some pretty decent clock speeds if you oc. i will reccomend the artic freezer 7 pro because it is cheap and it works very good. i was using it on my p4 prescot and it lowered the temps from 60c to 47c. by the way what is the average and max temps for a core 2 duo???

oliminator said:
i'd downgrade on the video card and upgrade on RAM. The 8800's will drop dramatically in price when top of the line games come out, and then, of course, new DX10 vid cards will come out. :\

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145590
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814103022

It will be more expensive but well worth it :\
well why not get 2 sets of the 2x512. the motherboard has 4 ddr2800 slots. wont it be faster if he just got the 4 sticks of 512 instead 2 sticks of 1gb. unless he is planning to get more than 2 gb's of ram.

don't overpopulate your ram slots. makes it harder to upgrade, and i've heard from a couple sources it slows the performanc down slightly.

hmm...i understand that its harder to upgrade because all your slots are filled up. but how can it slow down your computer?

honestly i have no clue. just what certain people have told me, but they might be full of it :-O

u better stick with the 2 sticks, in my case my fan/heatsink (cnps 9500) and the 8800 gts i plan on putting in will sort of overlap with my two left mem slots so if i want more RAM i need to pull out my 8800 gts too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom