Viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraggle

Solid State Member
I have a problem with two Viruses:

w32.kobot.A (system32)
w32.bobox.C (temp files)

my computer wont let me delete the infected files and my anti-virus software cant do anything about them either even though its up to date via live updates.

Has anyone got any information on these worms and how to remove them. Only replaced the HDD 3 days ago and this isnt the fresh start I was looking for. Havent even downloaded anything so its really annoyed me.

Cheers.

I cant find anything on those virusus
have you tried running an online virus scan

Housecall
Panda scan
RAV

or and

Please do this. Click here to download Hijack This. Save it to itÂ’s own folder (not temporary files or the desktop).
Close all open windows and open HIJACK THIS. Click “Scan” . When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to“Save Log”. Click on“Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET , most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise.

What error does it say when you try and delete the files?

"File cannot be deleted, in use by system" or something like that?

Boot into safe mode and try deleting them there.

I performed a "House Call" by MicroTrend (PC-Cillian) and this is what it found:

BAT_SASSER.A
BKDR_SDBOT.DP
BKDR_SDBOT.DP

Two of them I was able to delete, the other is being used ny the PC.

I also did the HijcakThis and the attacthed .Txt file has the results.

Any help is appreciated.

Just run all 3 of the online Virus scanners ... SUCCES, all the viruses (well 3) have been removed completely.

I also bookmarked the sites.

Cheers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom