stay with my Opty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COD2_fanatic

Daemon Poster
I've been considering a new build this year, but i dont know whether to go fo the Core or stay with my Opty. I mean i have a AC 64 cooler and a GB of DDR RAM. I was thinking i could just buy a new Motherboard (with PCIe), another GB of RAM and either an 83 or 8600GT when they come out later this year. But on the other hand i could spend alot more money (which is hard to get for me cause i cant exactly work right now) and build a C2D system.

I'm not to taxing on my system, just light weight games (Source and some others) but i would like to atleast keep my graphics up to par (since that is the most important part regarding gaming performance, cause this 5200Ultra is junk).

So what do you guys think i should do? and do note i'm not exactly the richest person in the world.

Well there's an AMD price drop on the way if you wanna upgrade your processor. I'd stay with the opty, They're plenty fast, especially for just light gaming. I'd just upgrade the video card if I were you, no need to build a whole new system if your current one satisfies you.

Seems like a solid board, Asus usually makes quality products. Personally I love my 939 DFI. What makes you think they're too fancy for you? It's not a board that's gonna make you punch in every voltage before you can boot windows like some people make it out to be. I didn't even touch Bios on this thing unless I went to OC. As for the weird placement, I suppose it does look odd to some but it works for me since it lines up with the fan on the side of my case almost perfectly so nice cool outside air for my processor.

well i dont know, i'm just not fond of the DFI's, but he main turn off factor for me towards them is the HSF mount, i have a window in the side of my case and with the HSF mounted like that it looks really weird (and i dont like that).

Haha, it's fine, they're not for everyone. I love mine but that's just me. If you like that Asus then go for it, What's your current board? Why the upgrade on the board anyways?

well right now i'm on an old POS P4 since my old board (GA-K8U-939) decided to die. but since i'm still on AGP and with an old Nvidia 5200Ultra i wanted to upgrade to a new card that will "rape" DX9 games.

Oh without a doubt. If you're on a budget, Then get that asus board and a 7600GT and you're set.

well, i'm not upgrading right now i'm waiting on the release of the lower end DX10 cards so that i can get one of them. I'll atleast have something ready for the future of computers (gaming anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom