Mouse Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

miccutajar

Beta member
hey

my boss' mouse is up the creek, i'm not a newbie but this one has me stumped...

ok he has a packard bell (i know i know, rubbish!), its only a few months old, he is running xp home.

He was using some weird mouse with a fish floating about in it, it was a 3button whel mouse ps/2, then he started having problems, the mouse would just lock up at random times, the pc would beep and he would either have to wait ages or restart his pc. Also when he went into excel the icon came up that comes up when you lcick down the mouse wheel to navigate over the document, he pressed escape and got his normal cursor back so he asked me to sort it out.

first thing i did was unplug this mouse & uninstall the driver (which was the wrong one anyway, it was logitech 3 button driver that windows had auto assigned). then i plugged in a Microsoft intellie wheel mouse and used the standard windows driver. it seemed to be ok but now the problem is back.

the pc is regulary updated (criticals only), virus scanned (avg pro edition) and cleaned of spyware (adaware pro/spybot).

any ideas people?

only thing i can think of is bug in the motherboard so the ps/2 is messed up? get a usb mouse? xp bug that i can get an update for? or is it a driver problem still?

thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom